- REALTORS: Pending Home Sales Slow in October but Remain Higher Than a Year Ago
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Nothing less than a complete commitment to safety at Hanford is acceptable
- Detroit Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty to Huntington Charges
- Prudent Budget Cuts Approved; Ten New Officers on Hold
- Huntington Plans 12 Days of Christmas Celebration
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marshall No. 24 in College Football Playoff Rankings
- Suit Planned over Hanford Chemical Vapor, Radiation
- Hotel May Come to Central City
Wiping Out Illegal Drug Use Conference Today
Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 03:40 Updated 14 weeks ago Edited from a Press Release
Rahall will be joined by National Drug Control Policy Acting Director Michael Botticelli; Huntington Mayor Steve Williams; Wayne Circuit Judge Darrell Pratt; Cabell County Family Court Judge Patricia Keller; Cabell County Prosecuting Attorney Sean “Corky” Hammers; Appalachian HIDTA Deputy Director Kenny Burner; Huntington Police Chief Jim Johnson, HPD Capt. Hank Dial and HPD Administrative Officer Rodney Pell.
The group will meet for a working lunch at noon at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena Conference Center. The lunch will include a presentation on the holistic approaches to combating prescription drug abuse and a discussion of the drug issues facing Huntington.
The lunch will be followed by tours of the River to Rail area in Huntington's West End, The Wild Ramp at the Central City Market, The Healing Place and Cabell Huntington Hospital's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.