- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- St. Joe Ties Scott in Soccer
- What's Next for the RKO Flushing Keith? Is the Place Toast?
- 432 People Surrender During Four-Day Ohio Fugitive Safe Surrender Event, Clearing 369 Warrants
- Mermaid visits Huntington
- Police Search for Speedway Robbery Suspect
- Attorney General DeWine Offers Tips for T-Mobile Consumers Affected by Experian Breach
- OP ED OPINION: A (Not So Hidden) Assumption, Challenging How We Look at Violence
- OP ED OPINION: The Moral Rabbit Hole
- Huntington Ordinance Prohibits Blowing or Sweeping Yard Waste
Wiping Out Illegal Drug Use Conference Today
Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 03:40 Updated 1 year ago Edited from a Press Release
Rahall will be joined by National Drug Control Policy Acting Director Michael Botticelli; Huntington Mayor Steve Williams; Wayne Circuit Judge Darrell Pratt; Cabell County Family Court Judge Patricia Keller; Cabell County Prosecuting Attorney Sean “Corky” Hammers; Appalachian HIDTA Deputy Director Kenny Burner; Huntington Police Chief Jim Johnson, HPD Capt. Hank Dial and HPD Administrative Officer Rodney Pell.
The group will meet for a working lunch at noon at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena Conference Center. The lunch will include a presentation on the holistic approaches to combating prescription drug abuse and a discussion of the drug issues facing Huntington.
The lunch will be followed by tours of the River to Rail area in Huntington's West End, The Wild Ramp at the Central City Market, The Healing Place and Cabell Huntington Hospital's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.