- Portsmouth Nuclear Whistle Blowers Tape Ralph Nader Radio Show
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Property Rescue Initiatives to be Discussed
- Panda Hugs and Crafts Greet Marquee Pullman Moviegoers IMAGES
- Charlie's Harley Davidson Recognized for Superior Performance
- "Elsa" Visits Children at South Charleston Library IMAGES
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- Over the River….to Grandparent’s House We Go
- Newly Engaged? WV Weddings Magazine offering last minute Valentine’s Day gift perfect for any Bride-to-be
- Life of Carter Woodson Topic for Huntington Lecture Series IMAGES
Wiping Out Illegal Drug Use Conference Today
Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 03:40 Updated 1 year ago Edited from a Press Release
Rahall will be joined by National Drug Control Policy Acting Director Michael Botticelli; Huntington Mayor Steve Williams; Wayne Circuit Judge Darrell Pratt; Cabell County Family Court Judge Patricia Keller; Cabell County Prosecuting Attorney Sean “Corky” Hammers; Appalachian HIDTA Deputy Director Kenny Burner; Huntington Police Chief Jim Johnson, HPD Capt. Hank Dial and HPD Administrative Officer Rodney Pell.
The group will meet for a working lunch at noon at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena Conference Center. The lunch will include a presentation on the holistic approaches to combating prescription drug abuse and a discussion of the drug issues facing Huntington.
The lunch will be followed by tours of the River to Rail area in Huntington's West End, The Wild Ramp at the Central City Market, The Healing Place and Cabell Huntington Hospital's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.