- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- Fans can wish Herd good luck with recorded video message
- Senator Rockefeller to Deliver Farewell Address Thursday on Floor of United States Senate
- Marshall Comes from Behind Defeats La. Tech
Rahall Announces Funding for Huntington Police
“I am pleased to be in Huntington to announce this funding and offer my full support to our law enforcement officials in keeping our streets safe. Huntington has made great strides in drug and crime control and this funding will help our very able local officers to continue and strengthen that commendable effort,” said Rahall, who was in Huntington with Federal drug control officials to promote local anti-drug strategies.The new funding was awarded through the Byrne Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) program, which Rahall has advocated and voted to protect from steep budget cuts in Congress. The Police Department will use the funds to continue paying overtime for increased community patrols and undercover drug investigations, as well as to purchase forensic cell phone equipmen