- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- Big Bad Vandals Steal Wood, Huntington House Falls
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Gov. Tomblin Announces Transportation Alternatives, Recreational Trails Program Grants
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
Rahall Announces Funding for Huntington Police
“I am pleased to be in Huntington to announce this funding and offer my full support to our law enforcement officials in keeping our streets safe. Huntington has made great strides in drug and crime control and this funding will help our very able local officers to continue and strengthen that commendable effort,” said Rahall, who was in Huntington with Federal drug control officials to promote local anti-drug strategies.The new funding was awarded through the Byrne Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) program, which Rahall has advocated and voted to protect from steep budget cuts in Congress. The Police Department will use the funds to continue paying overtime for increased community patrols and undercover drug investigations, as well as to purchase forensic cell phone equipmen