- "American Sniper's" Breaks All January Records; Expect it to Wipe Out "Boy Next Door" and "Mortdecai"
- Huntington Has At Least Nine Heroin Overdose Deaths in January 2015
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- How Will a Good Ole' Boy Hollywood Treat Female 'Pleasures' in "Fifty Shades of Grey?'
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Jan. 20, 2015
MORTGAGE BANKERS: Applications for New Home Purchases Up 2% in July 2014
By product type, conventional loans composed 68.8 percent of loan applications, FHA loans composed 16.1 percent, RHS/USDA loans composed 1.5 percent and VA loans composed 13.6 percent. The average loan size for new homes increased from $296,078 in June to $297,253 in July.
The MBA estimates new single-family home sales were running at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 433,000 units in July 2014, based on data from the BAS. The new home sales estimate is derived using mortgage application information from the BAS, as well as assumptions regarding market coverage and other factors.
The seasonally adjusted estimate for July is an increase of 12.2 percent from the June pace of 386,000 units. On an unadjusted basis, the MBA estimates that there were 37,000 new home sales in July 2014, a increase of 2.8 percent from 36,000 new home sales in June.
MBA’s Builder Application Survey tracks application volume from mortgage subsidiaries of home builders across the country. Utilizing this data, as well as data from other sources, MBA is able to provide an early estimate of new home sales volumes at the national, state, and metro level. This data also provides information regarding the types of loans used by new home buyers. Official new home sales estimates are conducted by the Census Bureau on a monthly basis.