- Marshall alum wins prestigious NASA award, credits university’s digital forensics program for his success
- Oak Ridge Demolition of Enriched Uranium Processing Plant Led to Radiation in the City's Sewer Facilities
- "Suspicious" Horse near Downtown Huntington Reunited with Owner
- Former Huntington Detective, City, Supervisors Sued for Civil Rights Violations, Sexual Abuse
- Downtown Huntington Sheetz Prepares to Open
- Shooting Near Huntington's Norway Avenue, Suspect at Large
- Charleston man pleads guilty for role in large-scale methamphetamine conspiracy
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- University presidents underscore higher education as an investment in West Virginia’s future
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
MORTGAGE BANKERS: Applications for New Home Purchases Up 2% in July 2014
By product type, conventional loans composed 68.8 percent of loan applications, FHA loans composed 16.1 percent, RHS/USDA loans composed 1.5 percent and VA loans composed 13.6 percent. The average loan size for new homes increased from $296,078 in June to $297,253 in July.
The MBA estimates new single-family home sales were running at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 433,000 units in July 2014, based on data from the BAS. The new home sales estimate is derived using mortgage application information from the BAS, as well as assumptions regarding market coverage and other factors.
The seasonally adjusted estimate for July is an increase of 12.2 percent from the June pace of 386,000 units. On an unadjusted basis, the MBA estimates that there were 37,000 new home sales in July 2014, a increase of 2.8 percent from 36,000 new home sales in June.
MBA’s Builder Application Survey tracks application volume from mortgage subsidiaries of home builders across the country. Utilizing this data, as well as data from other sources, MBA is able to provide an early estimate of new home sales volumes at the national, state, and metro level. This data also provides information regarding the types of loans used by new home buyers. Official new home sales estimates are conducted by the Census Bureau on a monthly basis.