- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- Bates, Caserta, Council Ask for Gillespie's Resignation
- Councilman Taken to Jail for Alleged Home Confinement Violation
- CFPB Takes Action Against Flagstar Bank for Violating New Mortgage Servicing Rules; Flagstar to Pay $37.5 Million for Blocking Mortgage Borrowers' Attempts to Save Their Homes
- Ciccarelli named Huntington’s next chief of police
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
- Marshall's Department of Social Work provides job opportunities to students through child welfare program
- Boil Water Advisory for Some Salt Rock Customers
- Multi-million dollar federal grant renewed for Marshall researchers and statewide collaborators
- Rally for Marijuana
RECALLS THIS WEEK: Space Heaters, Smoke Detectors, and Other Product Recalls
Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 15:04 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
This recall involves Vornado VH110 Whole Room Vortex electric space heaters sold in two colors, black and white. Recalled heaters have the numbers 1 and 3 as the fourth and fifth digits of the serial number. The model and serial numbers appear on a silver decal located on the bottom of the unit.
Customers should contact Vornado at (844) 205-7978 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or online atwww.vornado.com for instructions on how to receive a free replacement unit, including free shipping. More info atwww.recalls.org.
Interlogix and Edwards are recalling ESL and Interlogix brand 400/500 series smoke detectors sold nationwide and in Canada from March 2013 to February 2014. Radio frequency interference can cause the smoke detectors to fail to alert consumers of a fire.
This recall involves thirty-three models of the 400 and 500 series Edwards (ESL)-branded and Interlogix smoke detectors hard-wired into a security system. Full description can be found at www.recalls.org.
Customers should immediately contact their security or fire system provider to determine if any of their units are included in the recall.
Consumers can also contact Edwards at (800) 655-4497 select option 5, from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET Monday throughFriday or online at www.edwardsfiresafety.com or Interlogix at (855) 286-8889 select option 2, from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or online at www.interlogix.com. More info at www.recalls.org.
CANDLES IN METAL TINS
CoScentrix is recalling DD Brand Tin Candles sold exclusively at Hobby Lobby stores nationwide from June 2014 through July 2014. The candle’s high flame can ignite the surface of the wax and the polymer coating on the tin-plated container, posing a fire hazard.
This recall involves 4-ounce DD branded candles sold in a round metal tin with a metal lid. A complete list can be found at www.recalls.org.
Consumers should return the candels to the nearest Hobby Lobby. Consumers with a receipt will receive a full refund.
Consumers can also contact CoScentrix at (888) 298-2722 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or online atwww.coscentrix.com. More info at www.recalls.org.
JPC Equestrian is recalling HDR Stirrup Leathers sold nationwide from October 2013 to May 2014. The stirrup leather can crack and break, posing a fall hazard.
This recall involves five models of pre-stretched stirrup leathers. The stirrup leathers are branded with the HDR logo and name “HENRI DE RIVEL”. Complete list can be found at www.recalls.org.
Consumers should contact JPC at (866) 273-3243 from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online atwww.breeches.com for a full refund. More info at www.recalls.org.