- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program student receives national award
- Three People Arrested in Connection with Multi-County Drug Trafficking Operation
- TRANSCRIPT: Mayoral Candidate Alleges Mayor, Council "Embarassed" by Towing Outcry; Council Allegedly Persecutes Disabled Member for Backing Ordinance
- Law Enforcement Across North Carolina Comes Out in Favor of Syringe Exchange
- Marshall Health expands pediatric office on Route 60
- Marshall School of Medicine establishes new dentistry department
- Alum gives MU's Department of Communications Disorders $101,000
- Detroit drug dealer sentenced to Federal prison for heroin crime
- Marshall’s dean of CITE receives Outstanding Civil Engineering Educator of the Year for 2015
- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
Softball Freshman D’Orazio Playing at World Championships
D’Orazio, an incoming freshman infielder from Montverde, Fla., has been selected to participate in the ISF XIV World Championships in the Netherlands as a member of the Puerto Rican National Team.
To play for the Puerto Rican team, a player must receive an invitation from the Puerto Rican Softball Federation and also have a parent or grandparent from the country.
D’Orazio signed with the Herd in November 2013 and was named the Central Florida Athlete of the Year while at Montverde Academy. She also earned first-team all-state honors while in high school.
Herd coach Shonda Stanton said playing in a tournament of this magnitude would be a chance for D’Orazio to raise her game and have a great experience by playing for a national team.
“This is an incredible opportunity for Elicia as she will be competing against some of the best softball players in the world,” Stanton said. “The pride in representing a country and traveling internationally is a valuable experience. We are excited to have Elicia on campus soon representing the Herd.”
Puerto Rico opens its ISF play with a game against Canada on Aug. 15. The team will also play Group A games from Aug. 16-21. The tournament will crown a gold medalist on Aug. 24.