- 2015 Dawg Dazzle Aims to Electrify Huntington's Riverfront
- OP ED What Do Americans Think About Economic Inequality?
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- Oakwood Road Band's Oldies Sets Pullman Rockin'
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
- Firefighters Battle Flames on Johnstown Road
- Strolling Through Central City Days Saturday Celebration IMAGES
- Southside Celebrates the Fourth at Parade IMAGES
- Jamming at Jewel City Jamboree
Softball Freshman D’Orazio Playing at World Championships
D’Orazio, an incoming freshman infielder from Montverde, Fla., has been selected to participate in the ISF XIV World Championships in the Netherlands as a member of the Puerto Rican National Team.
To play for the Puerto Rican team, a player must receive an invitation from the Puerto Rican Softball Federation and also have a parent or grandparent from the country.
D’Orazio signed with the Herd in November 2013 and was named the Central Florida Athlete of the Year while at Montverde Academy. She also earned first-team all-state honors while in high school.
Herd coach Shonda Stanton said playing in a tournament of this magnitude would be a chance for D’Orazio to raise her game and have a great experience by playing for a national team.
“This is an incredible opportunity for Elicia as she will be competing against some of the best softball players in the world,” Stanton said. “The pride in representing a country and traveling internationally is a valuable experience. We are excited to have Elicia on campus soon representing the Herd.”
Puerto Rico opens its ISF play with a game against Canada on Aug. 15. The team will also play Group A games from Aug. 16-21. The tournament will crown a gold medalist on Aug. 24.