- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Virginia Commonwealth University to explore yoga’s effect on pregnancy depression
- Manchin, Klobuchar, Shaheen, King, Heitkamp, Baldwin Introduce Budgeting for Opioid Addiction Treatment Act
- Detroit heroin dealer pleads guilty to Federal drug crime
- Two pill dealers sentenced to Federal prison for drug crimes
- Carol Polan Likely Replacement Candidate for Husband
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Marshall to offer ACT math camps this summer
Softball Freshman D’Orazio Playing at World Championships
D’Orazio, an incoming freshman infielder from Montverde, Fla., has been selected to participate in the ISF XIV World Championships in the Netherlands as a member of the Puerto Rican National Team.
To play for the Puerto Rican team, a player must receive an invitation from the Puerto Rican Softball Federation and also have a parent or grandparent from the country.
D’Orazio signed with the Herd in November 2013 and was named the Central Florida Athlete of the Year while at Montverde Academy. She also earned first-team all-state honors while in high school.
Herd coach Shonda Stanton said playing in a tournament of this magnitude would be a chance for D’Orazio to raise her game and have a great experience by playing for a national team.
“This is an incredible opportunity for Elicia as she will be competing against some of the best softball players in the world,” Stanton said. “The pride in representing a country and traveling internationally is a valuable experience. We are excited to have Elicia on campus soon representing the Herd.”
Puerto Rico opens its ISF play with a game against Canada on Aug. 15. The team will also play Group A games from Aug. 16-21. The tournament will crown a gold medalist on Aug. 24.