- Alleged Drug Suppliers, Prostitutes Rounded Up in Huntington
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Chad Walters and Kimberly Drinko Walters make gift in honor of grandparents to the West Virginia Autism Training Center
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- Marshall University biotechnology spinoff receives large grant from National Institutes of Health
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- OPINION: Addiction Counselor Favors Networking with Addicts to build Hope & Trust
- Beckley area physician pleads guilty to federal oxycodone crime
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
Alzheimer’s Association to Host Professional Training
The 2-hour training meets the state mandated requirements for Alzheimer’s disease education in long-term care facilities and is appropriate for all caregivers. The training session will cover basic information about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, effective communication, and will address common behaviors and appropriate activities.
Pre-registration is required. The 2-hour professional training is $25, the training and CEU credit is $31. To register for Alzheimer’s Disease: The Basics of Best Care, or for more information, call 800.272.3900 or go online at alz.org/wv.
About the Alzheimer’s Association, West Virginia Chapter: The Alzheimer’s Association, West Virginia Chapter is the only voluntary health organization in West Virginia solely dedicated to providing education and support service to individuals with Alzheimer’s and other dementias, to their families and caregivers. Worldwide, the Alzheimer’s Association is the largest private funder of Alzheimer’s research. The chapter serves all 55 counties in West Virginia and six counties in eastern Ohio.