- UPDATED: Retired Firefighter Dead in Westmorland House Fire
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- Complaint alleges Stockert-Sizemore Funeral Home violated the West Virginia Preneed Act and state Consumer Credit and Protection Act.
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Council Passes Funding for Final Phase Old Main Corridor
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
- REALTORS: Existing-Home Sales Lose Momentum in November as Inventory Slightly Tightens
- Queen Elsa Appears Saturday
Alzheimer’s Association to Host Professional Training
The 2-hour training meets the state mandated requirements for Alzheimer’s disease education in long-term care facilities and is appropriate for all caregivers. The training session will cover basic information about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, effective communication, and will address common behaviors and appropriate activities.
Pre-registration is required. The 2-hour professional training is $25, the training and CEU credit is $31. To register for Alzheimer’s Disease: The Basics of Best Care, or for more information, call 800.272.3900 or go online at alz.org/wv.
About the Alzheimer’s Association, West Virginia Chapter: The Alzheimer’s Association, West Virginia Chapter is the only voluntary health organization in West Virginia solely dedicated to providing education and support service to individuals with Alzheimer’s and other dementias, to their families and caregivers. Worldwide, the Alzheimer’s Association is the largest private funder of Alzheimer’s research. The chapter serves all 55 counties in West Virginia and six counties in eastern Ohio.