- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
- Ciccarelli named Huntington’s next chief of police
- CFPB Takes Action Against Flagstar Bank for Violating New Mortgage Servicing Rules; Flagstar to Pay $37.5 Million for Blocking Mortgage Borrowers' Attempts to Save Their Homes
- Marshall's Department of Social Work provides job opportunities to students through child welfare program
- Multi-million dollar federal grant renewed for Marshall researchers and statewide collaborators
- Huntington Receives Department of Justice Crime Fighting Grant
- Councilman Taken to Jail for Alleged Home Confinement Violation
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 24, 2014
- Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Lifted for 85 Customers in Huddleston Ave Area of Barboursville
Huntington Welcomes Multiple Grammy Winner, Bill Gaither & Gaither Vocal Band
The Gaither Vocal Band (pictured in attached jpg), with the all-star line-up of David Phelps, Wes Hampton, Adam Crabb, Todd Suttles, and Bill Gaither, will share timeless gospel classics, as well as refreshing, inspiring new favorites embraced by audiences of all ages and backgrounds. Few events have the ability unite individuals from all walks of life the way Gaither concerts do.
Year after year, Bill Gaither has brought the Homecoming Tour into cities worldwide, performing to packed houses with collective attendance figures exceeding 1.1 million people and being ranked among the top concerts for tickets sold worldwide in any music genre during the past decade. Each concert showcases gospel music's finest talent and draws new listeners with every city. The Tour stop in Huntington will feature the multi-award winning Gaither Vocal Band, and showcase many of the songs included on their latest, Hymns recording. Joining The Gaither Vocal Band for this special evening will be guitarist, Kevin Williams and talented female vocalist, Charlotte Ritchie.
Gaither continues to be delighted by audiences' response to the concerts, now more than 40 years after he quit his day job as a teacher: “I've always said it all starts with a great song, and we are fortunate that each concert includes great songs that have stood the test of time. With all the musical choices that are available now, there is still a special place for the joy and optimism that reside in Gospel music. Good news never gets old.”
Named ASCAP's Songwriters of the Century, Bill and Gloria Gaither have written more than 700 popular gospel songs throughout their multi-decade career, including favorite standards “He Touched Me,” Because He Lives,” and “There's Just Something About That Name.” Since 1992, when Gaither began recording the celebrated Homecoming series of DVDs and CDs, most every volume has gone gold or platinum with sales totaling approximately 100 million volumes. The programs appear regularly on television networks around the world.
This Gaither Vocal Band concert at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena in Huntington, WV, will celebrate timeless themes of faith, unity and eternal hope through a variety of music the whole family will enjoy. Tickets for the concert go on sale Monday August 25th at 10am. Complete information is available by visiting www.gaither.com, www.premierproductions.com or www.bigsandyarena.com .
Upcoming events include: Aug. 22-24 Pilot Club of Huntington Antiques Show and Magic Valley Kennel Club All Breed Show, Oct.10 Five Finger Death Punch, Volbeat, Hellyeah and Nothing More, Oct. 10-12 Tsubasacon 2014, Oct. 14 ZZ Top. Tickets for all events are available at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena Box Office, www.ticketmaster.com, All Ticketmaster Outlets or by phone at 1-800-745-3000. For more information on any of our events, please visit www.bigsandyarena.com or call 304-696-5990.