- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Huntington's Cutbacks Lead to Retiree's Suicide
- UPDATED: Large Selection New Tsubasacon Mascarade, Winners, Skits, Cosplaying IMAGES
- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- BREAKING: Oscar Mishap... "Moonlight," Wins Best Picture After "La La Land" Crew on Stage
- Piketon Diffusion Plant Clean Up Comment Period Extended
- Drug Distributors Penalized For Turning Blind Eye In Opioid Epidemic
- Huntington City Council Agenda Announced
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
Marshall University Choral Union rehearsals begin Sept. 8
Monday, August 18, 2014 - 15:18 Special to HNN Provided by Marshall University
Open to any interested community members, Marshall University’s Choral Union will hold its first rehearsal of Handel’s “Messiah” at 7 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 8, in room 150 of Smith Music Hall on Marshall’s Huntington campus.
Following about a dozen Monday rehearsals, the group will perform with Marshall University’s orchestra at 7:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 4, and Sunday, Dec. 7, respectively, at the Fifth Avenue Baptist Church in downtown Huntington.
“ ‘Messiah’ is arguably the most well-known large work for a chorus and orchestra,” Wray said. “It’s a great opportunity as a conductor to be able to perform these types of works.”
Wray said this work of Handel tells the story of Jesus Christ, from Isaiah’s prophecy of salvation to the acclamation of the Messiah. It was first performed in London in the eighteenth century.
There are no membership fees to be a part of the group, but members are responsible for the purchase of their own music. For more information about joining the Marshall University Choral Union, contact Wray by phone at 304-696-2399 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. To stay up to date on rehearsals, visit the group’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MUchoralunion.