- Portsmouth Nuclear Whistle Blowers Tape Ralph Nader Radio Show
- Property Rescue Initiatives to be Discussed
- Cabell Huntington Hospital/SEIU Local 1199 employees contribute to United Way
- Newly Engaged? WV Weddings Magazine offering last minute Valentine’s Day gift perfect for any Bride-to-be
- Charlie's Harley Davidson Recognized for Superior Performance
- Marshall’s 47th Annual Jazz Festival to sound off Feb. 18-20
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
- Cabell County Schools Announces 2016 Middle and High School Math Field Day Winners
- Fed Ex Warns of Fraudulent Email
- School of Pharmacy receives grant from Walgreens for diversity initiatives
Marshall University Choral Union rehearsals begin Sept. 8
Monday, August 18, 2014 - 15:18 Special to HNN Provided by Marshall University
Open to any interested community members, Marshall University’s Choral Union will hold its first rehearsal of Handel’s “Messiah” at 7 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 8, in room 150 of Smith Music Hall on Marshall’s Huntington campus.
Following about a dozen Monday rehearsals, the group will perform with Marshall University’s orchestra at 7:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 4, and Sunday, Dec. 7, respectively, at the Fifth Avenue Baptist Church in downtown Huntington.
“ ‘Messiah’ is arguably the most well-known large work for a chorus and orchestra,” Wray said. “It’s a great opportunity as a conductor to be able to perform these types of works.”
Wray said this work of Handel tells the story of Jesus Christ, from Isaiah’s prophecy of salvation to the acclamation of the Messiah. It was first performed in London in the eighteenth century.
There are no membership fees to be a part of the group, but members are responsible for the purchase of their own music. For more information about joining the Marshall University Choral Union, contact Wray by phone at 304-696-2399 or by e-mail at email@example.com. To stay up to date on rehearsals, visit the group’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MUchoralunion.