- Police Execute Arrest Warrants, Arrest Suspect in Shooting Near Hospital
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- UPDATE: Pike County Multiple Murder Investigation; Redacted Autopsy Reports Released
- Council Discusses Recycling Matter That County Failed to Put on Ballot
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- Hundreds of Nonprofit Organizations Join to Demand Reform of "Rogue" Agency
- Attorney General DeWine Offers Consumer Tips Following Yahoo Breach Announcement
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Marshall University Choral Union rehearsals begin Sept. 8
Monday, August 18, 2014 - 17:13 Updated 2 years ago Special to HNN Provided by Marshall University
Open to any interested community members, Marshall University's Choral Union will hold its first rehearsal of Handel's "Messiah" at 7 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 8, in room 150 of Smith Music Hall on Marshall's Huntington campus.
Following about a dozen Monday rehearsals, the group will perform with Marshall University's orchestra at 7:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 4, and Sunday, Dec. 7, respectively, at the Fifth Avenue Baptist Church in downtown Huntington.
" 'Messiah' is arguably the most well-known large work for a chorus and orchestra," Wray said. "It's a great opportunity as a conductor to be able to perform these types of works."
Wray said this work of Handel tells the story of Jesus Christ, from Isaiah's prophecy of salvation to the acclamation of the Messiah. It was first performed in London in the eighteenth century.
There are no membership fees to be a part of the group, but members are responsible for the purchase of their own music. For more information about joining the Marshall University Choral Union, contact Wray by phone at 304-696-2399 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. To stay up to date on rehearsals, visit the group's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MUchoralunion.
Direct Link to This Release