- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- Penguins Come Out for Turkey Holiday; Hunger Likely Boxoffice Winner
- OP-ED: There Goes Virginia's Climate
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 26, 2014
- Council OK's Four Huntington Fire Department Grant Aps
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Remain Low Heading Into Holiday Weekend
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Explorer Academy Preparations Continue with “EL101” Parent Training Nights
Michigan International Speedway Test Helps Prepare Gen-6 Car for 2015
Six different configurations were evaluated throughout the test.
“Our main goal is to harvest data today to help refine the 2015 package,” said Gene Stefanyshyn, NASCAR vice president of innovation and racing development. “We are listening to our fans, they have said they like a lot of passing, side-by-side racing and lead changes. That is what we are aiming to accomplish with these tests.”
Throughout today’s test, focus was on aerodynamics and power optimization.
“We learned a lot today and were able to test a lot of our ideas,” Stefanyshyn said. “The race teams have shared their goals of having the new rules package in September, so that is one of the reasons we are here during the season at Michigan International Speedway working on our 2015 package.”
Ten teams were onsite throughout the day running through all six configurations.
“We are looking at all the different options today and I am glad we are doing it,” said Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 5 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet. “It is neat that NASCAR has stepped up and is trying to find ways to improve.”
More than 160 laps were turned at Michigan by each team. Data will be taken back to the Research and Development Center in Concord, North Carolina to be analyzed and modeled as NASCAR finalizes its 2015 rules package for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.