- LEGACY: Upriver Radioactive Contamination May Have Impacted Huntington Cancer Risk
- Huntington Police Have Busy Holiday Weekend
- UPDATED...PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Classic "Blazing Saddles" Screens; Mel Brooks Inclusive Comedy Still Ripe
- FIRST LOOK: Feminist Alice, Steps Through the Glass to Find... Sibling Rivalry
- Marquee Cinemas Brings Classic Films Back to the Big Screen with Flashback Cinema
- Former Director of Safety Town Cannot Be Located; Court Seeks to Serve Defendant in Molestation Complaint
- FLASHBACK: Images of Ironton's 2011 Memorial Day Parade
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
Marshall University to host Thundering Herd community kick-off event
The first hour will include music from the popular local radio station Hits 97.9 and a Green Fridays Fashion Show featuring some of Marshall's licensed gear. The show will give fans the opportunity to view some of the new fall apparel available at various local retail locations.
"Marshall University employees, students and fans everywhere are encouraged to participate in Green Fridays throughout the season," Mallory Jarrell, Marshall University marketing and branding coordinator, said. "This will be a sample of some of the items fans could wear each Friday to show their Thundering Herd pride."
Brought to you by the Marshall University Campus Activity Board, the second hour will feature music by vocal ensemble Six Appeal. Swearing off instruments, the award-winning vocal band Six Appeal takes you on a journey that spans decades of music, performing classic oldies, current chart toppers, and catchy original tunes - all sung a cappella.
The final hour will feature Marshall University's fall sports teams, cheerleaders, dance team, the Marching Thunder and everyone's favorite bison, Marco. Stop by to meet the athletes, get autographs and hear from Herd Football coach Doc Holliday.
Throughout the evening, guests can get photos with Marco and participate in various activities. Those with a Marshall student ID, Big Green card or proof of being a season ticket holder are encouraged to take advantage of discounts at the Marshall Hall of Fame Cafe, Roosters and Cold Stone Creamery during the event.
Here is a brief look at the schedule for Friday's kick-off event at Pullman square:
- 6 p.m. - Music by Hits 97.9
- 6:30 p.m. - Green Fridays Fashion Show
- 7 p.m. - Six Appeal performs
- 8 p.m. - Marshall athletics pep rally