- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Three more defendants plead guilty for roles in California-to-West Virginia drug conspiracy
- Cincinnati Overdoses Exceed 60; not all Revived
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Former Marriott employee pleads guilty to wire fraud for embezzling close to $1 million
- Huntington's professional cosplay model Bunny Bombshell at WV PopCon this weekend
- Ex-Satanist John Ramirez Now Trains Christians at Supernatural Boot Camps
- EDITORIAL: Having Nearly Ruined WVU, Manchin Father and Daughter Pair Now Compromises the WV Chamber of Commerce
- W.Va. AG Reaffirms Advice to Local Schools Against Obama’s Transgender Overreach
Marshall University to host Thundering Herd community kick-off event
The first hour will include music from the popular local radio station Hits 97.9 and a Green Fridays Fashion Show featuring some of Marshall's licensed gear. The show will give fans the opportunity to view some of the new fall apparel available at various local retail locations.
"Marshall University employees, students and fans everywhere are encouraged to participate in Green Fridays throughout the season," Mallory Jarrell, Marshall University marketing and branding coordinator, said. "This will be a sample of some of the items fans could wear each Friday to show their Thundering Herd pride."
Brought to you by the Marshall University Campus Activity Board, the second hour will feature music by vocal ensemble Six Appeal. Swearing off instruments, the award-winning vocal band Six Appeal takes you on a journey that spans decades of music, performing classic oldies, current chart toppers, and catchy original tunes - all sung a cappella.
The final hour will feature Marshall University's fall sports teams, cheerleaders, dance team, the Marching Thunder and everyone's favorite bison, Marco. Stop by to meet the athletes, get autographs and hear from Herd Football coach Doc Holliday.
Throughout the evening, guests can get photos with Marco and participate in various activities. Those with a Marshall student ID, Big Green card or proof of being a season ticket holder are encouraged to take advantage of discounts at the Marshall Hall of Fame Cafe, Roosters and Cold Stone Creamery during the event.
Here is a brief look at the schedule for Friday's kick-off event at Pullman square:
- 6 p.m. - Music by Hits 97.9
- 6:30 p.m. - Green Fridays Fashion Show
- 7 p.m. - Six Appeal performs
- 8 p.m. - Marshall athletics pep rally