- Outgoing Councilman Tells People Stop Asking if You Can't Pay; Thacker: "Residents Don't Want to Leave City Due to Fees Either..."
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Task ForceSiezes Heroin, Crack, Cocaine from Hotel near Huntington
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Health care and policy leaders to gather in Huntington for conference on opioid epidemic
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Mayor Williams Deems Sanitary Repairs 'Catastrophic;" Thacker: "Find Money Tree, not Residents"
- Huntington Mom 'Accidentally' Shoots Son in Stomach During Struggle
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
Herd supporters encouraged to participate in Green Fridays
Marshall kicks off this season's Green Fridays on Aug. 29 - the day before the Herd's season-opening game at Miami (Ohio) - by participating in the 10th annual National College Colors Day. Fans across the nation are encouraged to wear their college colors and support their favorite university.
College Colors Day, organized by the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC), coincides with "back to school" and the kickoff of intercollegiate athletics. By participating in College Colors Day, Marshall is continuing a tradition of encouraging members of the MU community to wear their Thundering Herd gear on this special day.
The university continues this practice throughout football season with the annual Green Fridays promotion, asking its employees, students and fans everywhere to participate.
In addition, employees of local businesses, schools and other organizations may take part in a contest in which they wear their Marshall gear and have the opportunity to win prizes from the university. Organizations must register with Mallory Jarrell, Marshall University marketing and branding coordinator, to be eligible to win. Registration is available at www.marshall.edu/greenfridays.
Organizational participants will be asked for their location and the number of participating employees. A winner will be chosen every Friday before a home football game throughout football season.
Individual fans also can show their pride and possibly win prizes this year by entering the Fan of the Week contest. To enter the contest, Herd fans are asked to submit a photo of themselves in their Marshall gear through the contest page at www.facebook.com/marshallu or use #HerdGreenFridays on Instagram.
As for the organizational winners, a Fan of the Week will be chosen every Friday before a home football game throughout football season. Winners will be notified by e-mail if they have been chosen.
The winner will receive a $50 gift card to the Marshall University bookstore, courtesy of the bookstore.For more information, contact Jarrell at 304-696-3490 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.