- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- OP-ED: 'Who Speaks for Earth?'
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Sues For-Profit Corinthian Colleges for Predatory Lending Scheme; Bureau Seeks More than $500 Million In Relief For Borrowers of Corinthian’s Private Student Loans
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- Potential Upscale Hotel Approved for Kinetic Park
- Grand opening of Visual Arts Center slated for Sept. 18-19
Man Pleads Guilty to Heroin Distribution
Evans also admitted that he had previously sold cocaine base (crack) to the same CI on May 27, 2014 in front of his residence on Washington Street East in Charleston. On May 29, 2014, officers executed a search warrant at the house where Evans was staying and found $40.00 of the money used by the CI to buy the heroin, additional heroin, and a gun.
Evans faces up to 20 years in prison when he is sentenced on November 13, 2014, by United States District Court Judge John T. Copenhaver, Jr.The case was investigated by the Metropolitan Drug Enforcement Network Team. Assistant United States Attorney Monica D. Coleman is in charge of the prosecution. The case is being prosecuted as part of an ongoing effort led by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of West Virginia to combat the illicit sale and misuse of prescription drugs and heroin. The United States Attorney’s Office, joined by federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, is committed to aggressively pursuing and shutting down illegal pill trafficking, eliminating open air drug markets, and curtailing the spread of opiate painkillers and heroin.