- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- Reports Differ on Injuries at Metropolis Nuclear Plant Following Leakage of Uranium Hexafluoride
- OP-ED: Break-ups, Rejections and School Shootings: Educate Youth for Resiliency
- Honeywell, NRC Dispute Report of College Students Operating Nuclear Plant; HNN Sources Allege Book Trained Replacement Workers Operated Plant
- City Hall Trick or Treat
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Not only cricket but West Indian self-worth at stake
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- Huntington Judge Added to Dancing with Pros
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 29, 2014
RECALLS THIS WEEK: Solar Systems, Storage Hangers, and Other Product Recalls
This recall includes SolarWorld solar systems installed with bare-copper grounding lugs installed after June 1, 2010. The installation instructions for SolarWorld solar systems sold after June 1, 2010 called for the use of GBL-4DB lugs for grounding.
Attwood is recalling Kayak and Watersports Storage Hangers sold nationwide from January 2014 to July 2014. The length adjustment buckles release unexpectedly, causing the item being stored to fall.
This recall involves kayak and watersports storage hangers sold as a pair of blue and black fabric straps that measure approximately 1 inch wide and 84 inches long when unbuckled. Model number 11917-6 is located on the back of the retail package near the barcode.
Consumers should return the hangers to Attwood or the store where the item was purchased for a full refund or replacement.
Bexco is recalling Franklin & Ben Mason 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs sold nationwide and in Canada from January 2012 to June 2014. The crib front can separate from the side panels and create a hazardous gap that can allow a child to fall out or become entrapped between the front and side panels.
This recall includes Franklin & Ben Mason style 4-in-1 style cribs model number 5601 that were manufactured from January 2012 through August 2012. The model number and the date of manufacture are printed on a label on the inside of a side panel of the crib. Listed on the label as a “serial number,” the following purchase order numbers are included in the recall: H004522, H004546, H004548 or H004777.
Consumers should contact Franklin & Ben, a division of Bexco, toll-free at (888) 673-6652 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or visit www.franklinandben.com for a free repair kit. More info at www.recalls.org.
CHILDREN'S WATER BOTTLES
BRITA is recalling Brita hard-sided water filter bottle for kids sold nationwide from June 2013 to July 2014. The lid can break into pieces with sharp points, posing a laceration hazard.
The four recalled children’s water bottles have popular cartoon characters on a hard-sided plastic bottle. The removable plastic wrap on the bottle at time of purchase has the model number BB07 and the following UPC codes: 60258-35883 on the Dora the Explorer, 60258-35914 on the Hello Kitty, 60258-35880 on the SpongeBob Square Pants and 60258-35882 on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Consumers should contact Brita at (800) 926-2065 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or go to www.brita.com to receive a postage-paid shipping package to return the bottles for a full refund. More info at www.recalls.org.