- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- OP-ED: Sports Need Independent Oversight
Huntington Man Arrested on Drug Charges
Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 17:44
During the search, officers found distribution amounts of heroin and crack cocaine.
Jamaal David Coleman, 34, who resides in the apartment, was arrested and charged with felony delivery of a controlled substance and felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. Two other people were detained and released.
The investigation is part of Operation: River to Jail, an ongoing effort to eradicate drug trafficking in Huntington and other crimes often associated with the activity. The warrant also was part of an increased effort to crack down on crime on 6th Avenue between 1st and 8th streets.