- Huntington Council Votes to Remove Chairman
- EMail Sent to Council by Caserta
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- National Geographic to Debut Mostly WV Filmed "American Genius"
- Sticking Together, Surprising Stats; IMAGES Town Meeting Drug Abuse
- Mayor Steve Strolls Areas Surrounding Central City IMAGES
- “Pickin' in the Park” Guitar Weekend at Twin Falls Resort State Park March 20-22, 2015
- OP-ED: Seeking Truth Together: Challenging the Silence Racism Creates
- Ball: Caserta Went Beyond Asking Questions.... but Let's Move On and Make the City Better
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
NASCAR: Logano nabs third win of the season in Bristol night race
Logano had fresher tires than Kenseth, who elected not to pit under caution in taking the lead from Jamie McMurray during the race’s ninth caution which came out on Lap 433 of 500.
Logano’s Penske Racing teammate Brad Keselowski finished second despite a last-lap bid to pass Logano on the inside. Kenseth was third and Jimmie Johnson fourth, overcoming a pair of early-race speeding infractions on pit road.
McMurray, looking for a win that would project him into the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup field, was the story of the race until he elected to pit for adjustments. Kenseth, Carl Edwards, Kyle Larson and Paul Menard also stayed on the track.
McMurray finished eighth behind Kurt Busch, Rick Stenhouse Jr. and Edwards.
Kasey Kahne, also in need of a win to solidify his Chase hopes, took the lead by electing not to pit under caution on Lap 195. Kahne led 40 laps but had recurring problems caused by a loose wheel and finished 35th.
The race was interrupted by nine cautions, one for a major crash on Lap 162 that claimed the cars of race leader Denny Hamlin and Dale Earnhardt Jr. and culminated with Hamlin flinging his HANS device at pole-sitter Kevin Harvick who had initiated the contact.
Harvick led 75 laps early in the race but finished 11th. Jeff Gordon, seeking his second consecutive victory, finished 16th.