- Favorite Top 10 Huntington, WV Bars of All-Time
- UPDATED: Large Selection New Tsubasacon Mascarade, Winners, Skits, Cosplaying IMAGES
- Council, Mayor Have Busy Tuesday Ahead
- Tsubasacon Friday IMAGES
- Huntington Councilwoman's Husband Carjacked, Beaten
- Fayette County Passes Resolution to Prohibit Hydrofracking Byproducts
- Marshall University moves parade to Thursday, adds bonfire and pep rally
- Generation West Virginia to host inaugural pre-conference series October 21st
- Jim Justice Speaking in Huntington
- Fire Prevention Parade Passing Keith Albee IMAGES
Names Released of Five Arrested in West Huntington Drug Bust
Those arrested are:
n Desiree M. Pressley, 23, of Huntington
n Kimberly Hazinski, 43, of Huntington
n Heather Butcher, 29, of Huntington
n Ryaa Fortune, 31, of Detroit
hn John David Miller, 22, of Detroit
All five were arrested on felony charges of possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance. The investigation is ongoing and additional arrests are possible.
Both Chief Johnson and Mayor Steve Williams called this a "warm Huntington welcome" for the Detroit out-of-towners, explaining that this is part of the ongoing "River to Jail" initiative. Bicycle, foot patrols, and greater citizen interaction are part of the tactics in the designated area.
Lt. Rocky Johnson indicated that residents had been helpful in obtaining the search warrant. Police entered the house with the drugs on the scales. A significant amount of drugs did not make it to the streets of Huntington. Three women and two men have been arrested.
Since Operation River to Jail began July 24, not including Monday's additions, there have been 41 drug arrests, 19 drug related/violent crime arrests, $62,301 in U.S. currency seized, and 15 firearms seized. In addition to these numbers, HPD has recovered distributable amounts of heroin and crack cocaine from multiple locations.
Citizen involvement and officer assistance has increased during the initiative to eliminate narcotics issues in the city. The River to Jail program has received overwhelming positive impact, too.