- WV AFL-CIO President Perdue: July 1 is now Pay Cut Day
- Detroit Man Arrested in SWAT Raid
- Jabberwowcky Kicks off DAWG's Pullman Thursday Series
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- Mayor Steve Strolls Areas Surrounding Central City IMAGES
- Four Huntington Heroin Arrests
- Skynyrd's One More for the Music Fans Due July 24
- Fireworks Prohibited in Huntington
- Sticking Together, Surprising Stats; IMAGES Town Meeting Drug Abuse
Ground Broken for Skate Park
Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 17:40
No general fund dollars will be used to construct the first phase of the project. Funding came from state and federal grants and community donations, including a $5,000 donation from Mystic Metals in Chesapeake, Ohio. Council member Scott Caserta has spearheaded the project.
The skate park will provide features for skaters of all skill levels. It was designed by Team Pain, a company specializing in the construction of skate parks, and AECOM of Roanoke, Va.
The first phase is scheduled to be completed by Dec. 31