- Miss West Virginia Competes in Miss America Pageant Tonight
- West Virginia’s Premiere Anime, Manga, Gaming & Pop Culture Convention Announces Programming Expansion Plans
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
- Suspected Drug Dealer Released on Bond Before Police Leave Scene of Arrest
- Finalists for Huntington police chief announced
- IMAGES: Thundering Herd Rolls to 3-0
- Miss New York new Miss America
- Cabell Republican Headquarters Grand Opening
- IMAGES: Marshall, Cincinnati Draw
- A DAD'S POINT OF VIEW: Men vs. Women: Looks
Ground Broken for Skate Park
Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 17:40
No general fund dollars will be used to construct the first phase of the project. Funding came from state and federal grants and community donations, including a $5,000 donation from Mystic Metals in Chesapeake, Ohio. Council member Scott Caserta has spearheaded the project.
The skate park will provide features for skaters of all skill levels. It was designed by Team Pain, a company specializing in the construction of skate parks, and AECOM of Roanoke, Va.
The first phase is scheduled to be completed by Dec. 31