- UPDATED...PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- LEGACY: Upriver Radioactive Contamination May Have Impacted Huntington Cancer Risk
- Classic "Blazing Saddles" Screens; Mel Brooks Inclusive Comedy Still Ripe
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- Huntington Police Have Busy Holiday Weekend
- FIRST LOOK: Feminist Alice, Steps Through the Glass to Find... Sibling Rivalry
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Legislature Completes Supplemental Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2016
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
Ground Broken for Skate Park
Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 17:40
No general fund dollars will be used to construct the first phase of the project. Funding came from state and federal grants and community donations, including a $5,000 donation from Mystic Metals in Chesapeake, Ohio. Council member Scott Caserta has spearheaded the project.
The skate park will provide features for skaters of all skill levels. It was designed by Team Pain, a company specializing in the construction of skate parks, and AECOM of Roanoke, Va.
The first phase is scheduled to be completed by Dec. 31