- Two more defendants sentenced for roles in Detroit to Huntington heroin conspiracy
- Huntington man sentenced on Federal oxycodone charge
- Many WV State Offices have Pre-Canadidacy Filings; Cabell Non-Partisan Judges too
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Coffee with a Cop Returns Dec. 2
- COLUMN: STEM Success in the Mountain State
- Marshall Assistant Coach Charged with DUI
- UPDATED: Wal Mart Shots Not Terror Related
- Attorney General Morrisey Warns of Credit and Debit Chip Card E-mail Scam
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
Ground Broken for Skate Park
Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 17:40
No general fund dollars will be used to construct the first phase of the project. Funding came from state and federal grants and community donations, including a $5,000 donation from Mystic Metals in Chesapeake, Ohio. Council member Scott Caserta has spearheaded the project.
The skate park will provide features for skaters of all skill levels. It was designed by Team Pain, a company specializing in the construction of skate parks, and AECOM of Roanoke, Va.
The first phase is scheduled to be completed by Dec. 31