- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- BREAKING ... At Least Two Arrests After 15 to 20 Armed Police Officers Raid 919 24th Street
- Former Williamson Mayor Sentenced
- Huntington Traffic Stop Nails Heroin Dealer
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- Pistorius gets Five Years in Prison for Shooting Girl Friend
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Issued for 60 Customers on Parts of Ohio River Road and Big Seven Mile in Huntington
Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 20:33 Edited from a Press Release
The advisory was issued following a water main break, which crews are working to repair. Estimated restoration time is approximately 2 p.m. Customers may experience low water pressure or no water until repairs are complete. Customers will be notified of the advisory through the media.
Once service is restored, affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing, showering and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the system recovers, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.