- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Fire Alarm Base, Children's Swings, and Other Product Recalls
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- OP-ED: The Peoples Climate March and International Day of Peace – Making the Connection
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Move to Highest Level Since Beginning of May
- Layne named director of administration and finance
Piepmeier to Head Prosecution Team in Beavercreek Walmart Shooting Case
"We wanted to find a prosecutor who has a long history of prosecuting felony cases and one who has extensive experience handling officer-involved shootings," said Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine.
"I believe that Mark Piepmeier is the best person for this case," said Greene County Prosecuting Attorney Stephen K. Haller.
Piepmeier has worked for the Hamilton County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office since 1981, and has more than 30 years of criminal trial experience.
During his career, he has investigated and prosecuted officer-involved shooting cases. He has also prosecuted cases where law enforcement officers were charged with other crimes including murder, aggravated burglary and rape.
Piepmeier also served as the lead special prosecutor in the Lucasville prison riot case following the 1993 Easter riot. A member of the U.S. Army and the JAG Corp, he served during Desert Storm. He is a graduate of Miami University and the Salmon P. Chase College of Law.
Piepmeyer will begin the special grand jury proceedings on September 22, 2014. He will be assisted by Stacey DeGraffenried of the Hamilton County Prosecuting Attorney's Office.