- Fire Prevention Parade IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Passing Keith Albee IMAGES
- Jury’s decision in favor of plaintiff is a crucial step towards holding DuPont accountable for contamination
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- Presidential finalists named; on-campus interviews to be held Oct. 13-16
- Huntington Council Considers New Fire Equipment
- OP ED: How To Prevent A School Shooter
- OP ED: Time to Start Campaign to Build Sound Boys and Men
- Yoga Class Saturday Morning
- Huntington City Council Agenda Tuesday October 13
Joint Statement from Senate President Jeff Kessler and House Speaker Tim Miley
While we are extremely proud of the comprehensive regulatory legislation produced earlier this year to protect drinking water for our state citizens, it has become apparent that the Jan. 1, 2015 deadline for these inspections is unattainable. Extending that deadline will allow the state Department of Environmental Protection to put in place, with public input, agency rules to fairly and effectively govern the inspection and certification process.
Any continued delay in taking action on this matter only causes uncertainty within affected industries and the families that rely on them for employment.
Meanwhile, the DEP will move forward with creating an inventory and conducting a risk assessment of above ground storage tanks statewide.