- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Led by Miami Duo, @HerdFB Wins Inaugural Boca Raton Bowl
- "American Sniper" Likely to Dominate Boxoffice Again
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
Huntington Fire Department conducts boot drive Thursday
This marks the 15th consecutive year that the Fire Department has partnered with the MDA, according to Ray Canafax, a lieutenant with the department and president of International Association of Firefighters Local 289.
The Huntington Fire Department received $8,822 in donations from the public during last year’s boot drive, the most of any fire department in West Virginia. The department has a goal of raising $10,000 this year.
Proceeds raised from the boot drive will be used toward finding a cure for muscular dystrophy and sending children with the disease to summer camp at Cedar Lakes in Ripley.