- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Attorney General Morrisey, 21 States Win Gun Rights Victory
- Protecting the integrity of Social Security
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Council Deliberating Legislative Hate Crime Recommendation
- Mathematics awarded $170K grant from National Security Agency
- Man Dead in Marcum Terrace Shooting; Police Seek Suspect
- WAAAHHHH…but we don’t wanna get arrested!!
- COLUMN: The Republican Debate: Who Goes First?
- Attorney General Morrisey Announces Multistate Settlement with Mortgage Provider
Huntington Fire Department conducts boot drive Thursday
This marks the 15th consecutive year that the Fire Department has partnered with the MDA, according to Ray Canafax, a lieutenant with the department and president of International Association of Firefighters Local 289.
The Huntington Fire Department received $8,822 in donations from the public during last year’s boot drive, the most of any fire department in West Virginia. The department has a goal of raising $10,000 this year.
Proceeds raised from the boot drive will be used toward finding a cure for muscular dystrophy and sending children with the disease to summer camp at Cedar Lakes in Ripley.