- Huntington Clarifies Purposes of America's Best Community Contest and Winnings ; General Fund Not Recipient
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Southwest WV a Sacrifice Zone; Pipeline Comment Period Ends Today
- Three Huntington Walks with the Mayor This Week
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Rhoden Family Members Make Plea for Tips in Pike County Murders of Loved Ones
- NYC Police Department Now Focused on OD; Michigan OD Stats Up
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
Huntington Fire Department conducts boot drive Thursday
This marks the 15th consecutive year that the Fire Department has partnered with the MDA, according to Ray Canafax, a lieutenant with the department and president of International Association of Firefighters Local 289.
The Huntington Fire Department received $8,822 in donations from the public during last year’s boot drive, the most of any fire department in West Virginia. The department has a goal of raising $10,000 this year.
Proceeds raised from the boot drive will be used toward finding a cure for muscular dystrophy and sending children with the disease to summer camp at Cedar Lakes in Ripley.