- Huntington Councilwoman's Husband Carjacked, Beaten
- Favorite Top 10 Huntington, WV Bars of All-Time
- Council, Mayor Have Busy Tuesday Ahead
- Tsubasacon Friday IMAGES
- Jim Justice Speaking in Huntington
- Marshall University moves parade to Thursday, adds bonfire and pep rally
- UPDATED: Large Selection New Tsubasacon Mascarade, Winners, Skits, Cosplaying IMAGES
- IntelliPoint Technologies Recognized in CIOReview Magazine
- Generation West Virginia to host inaugural pre-conference series October 21st
- Huntington Police Arrest Suspect in Car Vandalism
Huntington Fire Department conducts boot drive Thursday
This marks the 15th consecutive year that the Fire Department has partnered with the MDA, according to Ray Canafax, a lieutenant with the department and president of International Association of Firefighters Local 289.
The Huntington Fire Department received $8,822 in donations from the public during last year’s boot drive, the most of any fire department in West Virginia. The department has a goal of raising $10,000 this year.
Proceeds raised from the boot drive will be used toward finding a cure for muscular dystrophy and sending children with the disease to summer camp at Cedar Lakes in Ripley.