- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- Conspiracy Alleged in Energy Worker Exposure at Hanford, Portsmouth
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 28, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 29, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Glimpses of a Global Life': Longest Serving Secretary-General of the Commonwealth Survived a Helicopter Trip with Idi Amin as Pilot
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- 2012 Honeywell Accident Sent Radiation to WV
- Huntington SWAT Team Nails Columbus Man on Drugs, Firearm Charges
- Huntington Man Arrested for Crack Cocaine Delivery
Huntington Fire Department conducts boot drive Thursday
This marks the 15th consecutive year that the Fire Department has partnered with the MDA, according to Ray Canafax, a lieutenant with the department and president of International Association of Firefighters Local 289.
The Huntington Fire Department received $8,822 in donations from the public during last year’s boot drive, the most of any fire department in West Virginia. The department has a goal of raising $10,000 this year.
Proceeds raised from the boot drive will be used toward finding a cure for muscular dystrophy and sending children with the disease to summer camp at Cedar Lakes in Ripley.