- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- Goebbel Named Marshall Tight Ends Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Feb. 27, 2015
- OP-ED: Beyond Deterrence, Compassion
Huntington Fire Department conducts boot drive Thursday
This marks the 15th consecutive year that the Fire Department has partnered with the MDA, according to Ray Canafax, a lieutenant with the department and president of International Association of Firefighters Local 289.
The Huntington Fire Department received $8,822 in donations from the public during last year’s boot drive, the most of any fire department in West Virginia. The department has a goal of raising $10,000 this year.
Proceeds raised from the boot drive will be used toward finding a cure for muscular dystrophy and sending children with the disease to summer camp at Cedar Lakes in Ripley.