- "Hobbit" Dominates Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- Marshall Comes from Behind Defeats La. Tech
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- Senator Rockefeller to Deliver Farewell Address Thursday on Floor of United States Senate
- No Perfect Season; Marshall Loses in OT
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- Fans can wish Herd good luck with recorded video message
Huntington Fire Department conducts boot drive Thursday
This marks the 15th consecutive year that the Fire Department has partnered with the MDA, according to Ray Canafax, a lieutenant with the department and president of International Association of Firefighters Local 289.
The Huntington Fire Department received $8,822 in donations from the public during last year’s boot drive, the most of any fire department in West Virginia. The department has a goal of raising $10,000 this year.
Proceeds raised from the boot drive will be used toward finding a cure for muscular dystrophy and sending children with the disease to summer camp at Cedar Lakes in Ripley.