- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- Police Personnel Alterations Mount Drug Arrests
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
- Realtors: QRM Rule Will Provide Clarity in Housing Finance Market, Benefit Consumers
- Huntington Man Arrested on Drug Charges
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- NAHB: Statement from NAHB Chairman Kevin Kelly on New Mortgage Standards
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- ELIMINATOR MEDIA DAY NOTEBOOK: Keselowski: It’s racing, not a popularity contest
Huntington Fire Department conducts boot drive Thursday
This marks the 15th consecutive year that the Fire Department has partnered with the MDA, according to Ray Canafax, a lieutenant with the department and president of International Association of Firefighters Local 289.
The Huntington Fire Department received $8,822 in donations from the public during last year’s boot drive, the most of any fire department in West Virginia. The department has a goal of raising $10,000 this year.
Proceeds raised from the boot drive will be used toward finding a cure for muscular dystrophy and sending children with the disease to summer camp at Cedar Lakes in Ripley.