- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- Three Arrestees Now Face Wanton Endangerment Charges for Whiskey Rocks Shooting Spree
- Barboursville Pharmacy Owner Arraigned on Drug Distribution, Money Laundering Charges
- FEMA Region III Promotes Action for America’s PrepareAthon
- OP-ED: The Peoples Climate March and International Day of Peace – Making the Connection
- Shaheen, LeMay will read from their work Oct. 6 at Marshall University
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Fire Alarm Base, Children's Swings, and Other Product Recalls
- U.S. Rep. Nick Rahall honors Ken Hechler in Congressional Record
Huntington Fire Department conducts boot drive Thursday
This marks the 15th consecutive year that the Fire Department has partnered with the MDA, according to Ray Canafax, a lieutenant with the department and president of International Association of Firefighters Local 289.
The Huntington Fire Department received $8,822 in donations from the public during last year’s boot drive, the most of any fire department in West Virginia. The department has a goal of raising $10,000 this year.
Proceeds raised from the boot drive will be used toward finding a cure for muscular dystrophy and sending children with the disease to summer camp at Cedar Lakes in Ripley.