- Forensic Science Graduate Program ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
- Marshall University School of Medicine announces new chair of neurology
- World in Danger: The Fukushima California Connection
- Huntington Police Make Robbery Arrest, Respond to Burglary Reports
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Open Call for Netflix "Mind Hunter" Extras
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- W.Va. AG Files Lawsuit Against Putnam County Roofing Company
- OP ED: FOIA Exemptions Prevent Some Energy Workers from Proving Claim
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
Huntington Fire Department conducts boot drive Thursday
This marks the 15th consecutive year that the Fire Department has partnered with the MDA, according to Ray Canafax, a lieutenant with the department and president of International Association of Firefighters Local 289.
The Huntington Fire Department received $8,822 in donations from the public during last year’s boot drive, the most of any fire department in West Virginia. The department has a goal of raising $10,000 this year.
Proceeds raised from the boot drive will be used toward finding a cure for muscular dystrophy and sending children with the disease to summer camp at Cedar Lakes in Ripley.