- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Huntington Police Make Eight Arrests for Drug Possession
- Orlando Mostly Deserted; This was a 9/11, a Former Huntington Resident Believes
- How Can You Help Flood Recovery in WV?
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- City Teams with OVEC to Help WV Flood Victims
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Flooding Closes Greenbrier
- BREAKING... Mayor's Office of Drug Control Policy Gains Honorable Mention at Indianapolis Conference
- West Virginia American Water Responding to Operational Impacts of Widespread Flooding
Huntington Fire Department conducts boot drive Thursday
This marks the 15th consecutive year that the Fire Department has partnered with the MDA, according to Ray Canafax, a lieutenant with the department and president of International Association of Firefighters Local 289.
The Huntington Fire Department received $8,822 in donations from the public during last year’s boot drive, the most of any fire department in West Virginia. The department has a goal of raising $10,000 this year.
Proceeds raised from the boot drive will be used toward finding a cure for muscular dystrophy and sending children with the disease to summer camp at Cedar Lakes in Ripley.