- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- OP-ED: Sports Need Independent Oversight
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
Huntington Fire Department conducts boot drive Thursday
This marks the 15th consecutive year that the Fire Department has partnered with the MDA, according to Ray Canafax, a lieutenant with the department and president of International Association of Firefighters Local 289.
The Huntington Fire Department received $8,822 in donations from the public during last year’s boot drive, the most of any fire department in West Virginia. The department has a goal of raising $10,000 this year.
Proceeds raised from the boot drive will be used toward finding a cure for muscular dystrophy and sending children with the disease to summer camp at Cedar Lakes in Ripley.