- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- OPINION: Adjust Sewer Rate Increase; Fund Police, Fire like Sewers
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- REVIEW: "Darker" More Gray as it Delves into Origins of the "Red Room"
- DYSFUNCTION DISORDER: Snapshots Taken as Gospel
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Final Approval for Radical Radiation Rise in Water Supplies after Nuclear Release
- W.Va. AG Applauds Scott Pruitt’s Confirmation As EPA Administrator
- EDITORIAL: Having Nearly Ruined WVU, Manchin Father and Daughter Pair Now Compromises the WV Chamber of Commerce
- Huntington Police, Fire Pension Funds Lose Investment Potential when Paid in an Untimely Manner
Huntington Fire Department conducts boot drive Thursday
This marks the 15th consecutive year that the Fire Department has partnered with the MDA, according to Ray Canafax, a lieutenant with the department and president of International Association of Firefighters Local 289.
The Huntington Fire Department received $8,822 in donations from the public during last year’s boot drive, the most of any fire department in West Virginia. The department has a goal of raising $10,000 this year.
Proceeds raised from the boot drive will be used toward finding a cure for muscular dystrophy and sending children with the disease to summer camp at Cedar Lakes in Ripley.