- Thanks for Your Service ... and Memories 2015 IMAGES
- COLUMN: Got a Law Degree? Media at Council Tonight Seeking Input on Conflicting Pay Out Discretion Legal Opinions
- Huntington City Attorney States 12 Hours Special Meeting Notice Required; Ethics Commission Web Site Statements Advisory, no Force of State Law
- Caserta Asserts Council TV Video of Special Meeting Purposefully not Transmitted
- Improper Notice Apparently Given of Meeting that Removed Chairman Caserta
- DEVELOPING: HNN Contributing Editor David Kinchen Passes Away
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- Herd to Face NKU Thursday in WBI’s First Round
- Marshall music faculty, graduate student play with Mannheim Rocket Orchestra
- Chops and Critters Assist in Celebrating 'Insurgent' Opening in Marquee Lobby
Huntington Fire Department conducts boot drive Thursday
This marks the 15th consecutive year that the Fire Department has partnered with the MDA, according to Ray Canafax, a lieutenant with the department and president of International Association of Firefighters Local 289.
The Huntington Fire Department received $8,822 in donations from the public during last year’s boot drive, the most of any fire department in West Virginia. The department has a goal of raising $10,000 this year.
Proceeds raised from the boot drive will be used toward finding a cure for muscular dystrophy and sending children with the disease to summer camp at Cedar Lakes in Ripley.