- Huntington City Attorney States 12 Hours Special Meeting Notice Required; Ethics Commission Web Site Statements Advisory, no Force of State Law
- Improper Notice Apparently Given of Meeting that Removed Chairman Caserta
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Here Come the Costumes Before Halloween
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Honor Flight Takes Off at Tri State Airport Images
- Will Ferrell to Play for Reds Tomorrow
- Herd Headed Back to Birmingham for Postseason Play
- New Manager Named for Big Sandy Arena
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
Herd Baseball Grabs Two All-American Honors
Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 22:48 Special to HNN Provided by Herd Zone
Boster, starting his junior season at Marshall, posted a summer ERA of 0.74 with a 5-2 record in 60.1 innings pitched. Boster averaged a strikeout per inning, fanning 60 on the season.
Stanley, a redshirt senior with the Herd, nabbed ten saves in 18.1 innings this summer, boasting a 0.00 ERA and nabbing 22 strikeouts over the prospect summer.
Boster and Stanley played with the Prospect League’s West Virginia Miners (38-22).
“It feels great to receive an award like this,” Boster said. “Kolin and I worked very hard throughout the whole summer and constantly pushed one another to get better. I hope that this fall, all of that just carries over.”
Stanley agreed with his teammate, noting this was his third summer with the Miners.
“I couldn’t be more happy with my experience this summer,” Stanley said. “I was able to continue playing for a great organization in the WV Miners and I couldn’t be happier with the contributions I was able to make. I am greatly honored and humbled to be on that list.”
Second-year pitching coach Josh Newman spoke highly of his two hurlers.
“Chase and Kolin have both brought championship effort throughout the entire summer and it has paid off,” Newman said. “They achieved a tremendous accomplishment and this should propel them for an awesome 2015 season. I am grateful for both of them continuing to raise the bar for this baseball program both on and off the field.”
Boster and Stanley were two of the four Conference USA members named to the list.