- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- WV Doesn't State Status of Huntington Pension Benefit Payments; Formulas, Rules Complex
- Applications being accepted for two controlled deer hunts in 2015: Pipestem Resort State Park and Cacapon Resort State Park
- Oakwood Road Band's Oldies Sets Pullman Rockin'
- Strolling Through Central City Days Saturday Celebration IMAGES
- Building Formerly Considered for Southside Gun/Pawn Shop Burns
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Southside Celebrates the Fourth at Parade IMAGES
- DEVELOPING: Huntington Will Receive Brownfields Grant
- Huntington store to be sold to new competitor as part of multi-state agreement
Education Matters and Lincoln County Schools to hire AmeriCorps members to help increase graduate rate
The AmeriCorps members will work with at-risk youth within the community to focus on dropout prevention issues within Lincoln County. This is the first time these AmeriCorps positions have been available within Lincoln County Schools.
Members will be required to make a 10-month or 40-week commitment to the program. A portion of the member’s time is spent in training and in service projects. Members are required to attend personal and professional development trainings throughout the service year.
The application deadline is September 8. Send application, motivational statement, and references to:
C/O Sara Blevins
820 Madison Avenue
Huntington, WV 25704