- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- BOOK REVIEW: 'California Dreaming: Boosterism, Memory, and Rural Suburbs in the Golden State': Detailed Look at Three 'Agriburbs' in Sacramento, Los Angeles Areas
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- Holiday Garbage Pick Up Schedule Announced
- Huntington Pedestrian Killed Wednesday Evening:
- Will Smith, Cara Delevingne Cast as Super Villains in "Suicide Squad"
Education Matters and Lincoln County Schools to hire AmeriCorps members to help increase graduate rate
The AmeriCorps members will work with at-risk youth within the community to focus on dropout prevention issues within Lincoln County. This is the first time these AmeriCorps positions have been available within Lincoln County Schools.
Members will be required to make a 10-month or 40-week commitment to the program. A portion of the member’s time is spent in training and in service projects. Members are required to attend personal and professional development trainings throughout the service year.
The application deadline is September 8. Send application, motivational statement, and references to:
C/O Sara Blevins
820 Madison Avenue
Huntington, WV 25704