- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Special Council Meeting Tuesday on Public Nuisance
- When Operating Huntington Reduction Pilot Plant Known as Contaminated
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Elsa & Anna Take in Last Day of Wayne County Fair at Camden Park with IMAGES
- Tsubasacon Welcomes Steve Blum!
- Where Were You in '62 Icon Returns to Screen
- Three more defendants plead guilty for roles in California-to-West Virginia drug conspiracy
Education Matters and Lincoln County Schools to hire AmeriCorps members to help increase graduate rate
The AmeriCorps members will work with at-risk youth within the community to focus on dropout prevention issues within Lincoln County. This is the first time these AmeriCorps positions have been available within Lincoln County Schools.
Members will be required to make a 10-month or 40-week commitment to the program. A portion of the member’s time is spent in training and in service projects. Members are required to attend personal and professional development trainings throughout the service year.
The application deadline is September 8. Send application, motivational statement, and references to:
C/O Sara Blevins
820 Madison Avenue
Huntington, WV 25704