- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Sanitary Board Forwards 57% Operational, Maintenance Increase to Council; New Council will Decide on Increases for $75 Million Infrastructure
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Outgoing Councilman Tells People Stop Asking if You Can't Pay; Thacker: "Residents Don't Want to Leave City Due to Fees Either..."
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- BREAKING.... Eastham Put on Leave; First Female Fire Chief Sworn In
- DEVELOPING... Council to hear Sanitary, Cable Proposals; Raise Issue Statutatory, not a Request by Mayor
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Task ForceSiezes Heroin, Crack, Cocaine from Hotel near Huntington
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
Herd Soccer Set to Open Regular Season at Home this Weekend
Live stats and video will be available through the men’s soccer page at HerdZone.com. You can listen to the official radio broadcast online or over the air on 88.1 FM. Live updates can be found by following @HerdMSoccer<https://twitter.com/HerdMSoccer> on Twitter.
HAVE YOU HERD?
The Herd is looking to shake off a disappointing 2013 season. The team finished the season 2-11-6 and failed to win a Conference USA game for the first time in program history. The two wins on the season came in back-to-back games against IPFW (Sept. 13) and VMI (Sept. 17) at Hoops Family Field.
DISSECTING THE SCHEDULE
The Herd is 51-63-12 all-time against its 2014 regular-season opponents (.452 percent winning percentage). Marshall played preseason opponent Bowling Green (4-7-3) and regular-season opponent Appalachian State (3-16-4) in the program’s inaugural 1979 season. The most contested matchup on the 2014 schedule is the game against Kentucky on Oct. 12 (14-15-3).
THE GRAY AREA
Marshall Coach Bob Gray<http://www.herdzone.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/bob_gray_218589.html> (On Opening Weekend)
“I’m definitely ready for us to get going. It’s always a tough preseason and there’s no substitute for hard work, the two-a-days are grinding. To finally see the fruits of our labor is great. It’s great that we are able to play our first two games at home, because it doesn’t always work that way.”
EARLY HOME STRETCH
Last season, the Herd opened with four straight regular-season away matches. In 2014, the Herd will play four of its first five regular-season games at home.
SCOUTING THE DUKES
In 2013, Duquesne finished the season with an overall record of 9-8-1 (4-3-1 Atlantic 10). The team posted an impressive home record at Rooney Field, going 6-1-1. After defeating VCU 3-0 in its final regular season game 3-0. The Dukes lost 2-1 to VCU in the Atlantic 10 Quarterfinals.
Duquesne’s 2013 top scorer from 2013, Kadeem Pantophlet, returns to the team. Pantophlet scored 4 goals and totaled 1 assist on the season.
SCOUTING THE VIKINGS
Cleveland State will start its regular season with one game against Salem International before playing the Herd on Sunday. Last season, the Vikings finished at 8-12, with a record of 5-5 at home and 3-6 on the road.
The returning top scorer for the Vikings is Sergio Manesio, who scored five goals and recorded two assists last season.
LET'S GET SOCIAL
Keep up with the latest news about Herd soccer by "liking" the team's official Facebook page: “Marshall University Soccer.”<https://www.facebook.com/herdsoccer> For live in-match updates and news, follow @HerdMSoccer <http://www.twitter.com/herdmsoccer/> on Twitter. Want to see photos and behind-the-scenes action? Give @HerdZone a follow on Instagram.
The Thundering Herd will get its first road test on Sept. 5 at Oakland, Mich., before returning home to take on Liberty on Sept. 7. For all the latest in Marshall Men’s Soccer, follow our Twitter @HerdMSoccer<https://twitter.com/HerdMSoccer>.