- Man Dead in Marcum Terrace Shooting; Police Seek Suspect
- Mathematics awarded $170K grant from National Security Agency
- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Wilson family establishes endowed scholarship for medical students
- UPDATE: Swat Team Dispatched; Huntington's Marcum Terrace Scene of Another Shooting
- Freedom Industries and former Freedom Industries plant manager sentenced for roles in chemical spill
- John Jasko, M.D., named Castle Connolly ‘Top Doctor’
- Huntington Water Quality Board Meets Jan. 13 at 11 a.m.
- Huntington's Public Works director relieved of duties
Mannequin Joe Reminds of Green Friday, National Colors Day
Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 20:21 Updated 1 year ago Edited from a Press Release
Joe, however, would like to take a moment to remind all the Herd fans out there that this Friday is the 10th annual National College Colors Day. Wear you kelly green and support the Herd as they take on Miami (Ohio) this Saturday in their season opener.
Marshall University, meanwhile, is asking all of its students, employees and fans everywhere to participate in Green Fridays.
In addition, employees of local businesses, schools and other organizations may take part in a contest in which they wear their Marshall gear and have the opportunity to win prizes from the university. Organizations must register with Mallory Jarrell, Marshall University marketing and branding coordinator, to be eligible to win. Registration is available at www.marshall.edu/greenfridays.
Individual fans also can show their pride and possibly win prizes this year by entering the Fan of the Week contest. To enter the contest, Herd fans are asked to submit a photo of themselves in their Marshall gear through the contest page at www.facebook.com/marshallu or use #HerdGreenFridays on Instagram.