- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Choir Cancels North American Tour including Nov. 17th date at the Keith-Albee
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Huntington Council Agenda Set
- Federal ACLU Suit Names Cabell County Clerk
- Kadetz named new director of Master of Public Health program and chair of the Department of Public Health
- 2,200 Attended Tsubasacon Which Wrapped Up Sunday IMAGES
Man Indicted for Allegedly Defrauding Elderly Woman of More than $40,000
Prosecutors allege that William Modafari, also known as William Montuano, was a home improvement contractor who took advantage of an 88-year-old woman to the tune of more than $40,000 by doing little or no work, overcharging for minor repairs, or charging for items that never were used at her home.
On Wednesday, William Modafari was indicted on the following counts:
- Theft from the Elderly, a felony of the second degree (1 count)
- Theft from the Elderly, a felony of the third degree (2 counts)
- Theft from the Elderly, a felony of the fourth degree (14 counts)
- Theft from the Elderly, a felony of the fifth degree (2 counts)
- Misuse of Credit Card, a felony of the fourth degree (3 counts)
Attorneys with the Economic Crimes Unit, a division of the Consumer Protection Section, were appointed special prosecutors in the case by the Hamilton County Prosecutor. The Warren County Sheriff’s Office also assisted in the investigation.
Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine created the Economic Crimes Unit in 2011 to identify criminal conduct in consumer fraud cases and assist prosecuting attorneys in holding scammers criminally accountable. To date, 83 people have been convicted.
Consumers who suspect a scam should contact the Ohio Attorney General’s Office at 800-282-0515 or www.OhioAttorneyGeneral.gov.