- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- "American Sniper's" Breaks All January Records; Expect it to Wipe Out "Boy Next Door" and "Mortdecai"
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- Huntington Has At Least Nine Heroin Overdose Deaths in January 2015
- Wolfpack Moves Past @HerdMBB
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
Marshall celebrates grand opening of Towers Learning Center
"This is a very important event recognizing a resource initiative for and on behalf of our students," said Marshall President Dr. Stephen J. Kopp. "Hopefully, this is the start of something that will continue to grow around campus. We have an absolute commitment to the success of our students - every student. We are pleased to provide these types of opportunities for our students. I commend the residence hall staff, the student mentors and the support staff for bringing this project to fruition."
The center is open to all Marshall students not just those living in Towers East. The student academic mentors will staff the Towers Learning Center from 5 to 11 p.m. Monday-Thursday. At all other times, students can check out the key at the front desk of Twin Towers East.
The center has a number of resources available to students, including:
- SMART board
- General education books
- Study skills materials
- Office/school supplies
- Large study table and chairs