- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- Fracking Waste Chemicals Allegedly Found in WV Near Drinking Water Inputs
- UPDATING ... Neither 'Mall Cop' nor 'Unfriended' Will Slow 'Furious 7' Vroom....
- 'Jupiter' Confounds; Insurgent, Frozen Fever on Deck
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Apr. 17, 2015
Marshall celebrates grand opening of Towers Learning Center
"This is a very important event recognizing a resource initiative for and on behalf of our students," said Marshall President Dr. Stephen J. Kopp. "Hopefully, this is the start of something that will continue to grow around campus. We have an absolute commitment to the success of our students - every student. We are pleased to provide these types of opportunities for our students. I commend the residence hall staff, the student mentors and the support staff for bringing this project to fruition."
The center is open to all Marshall students not just those living in Towers East. The student academic mentors will staff the Towers Learning Center from 5 to 11 p.m. Monday-Thursday. At all other times, students can check out the key at the front desk of Twin Towers East.
The center has a number of resources available to students, including:
- SMART board
- General education books
- Study skills materials
- Office/school supplies
- Large study table and chairs