- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Protecting the integrity of Social Security
- Attorney General Morrisey, 21 States Win Gun Rights Victory
- Council Deliberating Legislative Hate Crime Recommendation
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology rated in nation’s top 50
- Man Dead in Marcum Terrace Shooting; Police Seek Suspect
- Huntington Receives Donation of Life Saving Drug
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- COLUMN: The Republican Debate: Who Goes First?
Marshall celebrates grand opening of Towers Learning Center
"This is a very important event recognizing a resource initiative for and on behalf of our students," said Marshall President Dr. Stephen J. Kopp. "Hopefully, this is the start of something that will continue to grow around campus. We have an absolute commitment to the success of our students - every student. We are pleased to provide these types of opportunities for our students. I commend the residence hall staff, the student mentors and the support staff for bringing this project to fruition."
The center is open to all Marshall students not just those living in Towers East. The student academic mentors will staff the Towers Learning Center from 5 to 11 p.m. Monday-Thursday. At all other times, students can check out the key at the front desk of Twin Towers East.
The center has a number of resources available to students, including:
- SMART board
- General education books
- Study skills materials
- Office/school supplies
- Large study table and chairs