- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Huntington Church Offers Sanctuary for Undocumented Immigrants
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Rhoden Family Members Make Plea for Tips in Pike County Murders of Loved Ones
- Huntington City Council Agenda Announced
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- Derby Hat Luncheon sponsored by Ebenezer Medical Outreach, Inc.
- AARP Partners for Money Smart Week Events
Herd Drops Second Regular Season Game to Vikings
AGAINST THE VIKINGS
The Herd and Vikings entered the second half scoreless, but things changed in the 60th minute, when Hesham Hammouda fired in a cross from the near sideline that found an open Kareem Banton. Banton struck the ball with the outside of his foot, which sent the ball rocketing past the near post of Marshall Goalkeeper Bijan Gloston (Clarksville, TN).
In the 85th minute, Gloston received a red card from a foul just outside of his 18 yard box, which sent in Herd freshman Goalkeeper Dominik Reining (Frankfurt, Germany). The first kick Reining saw was a free kick, which was scored by Hammouda at the near post.
The closest the Herd came to scoring was in the 83rd minute, when a Nick Edginton header at the Vikings goal line was saved at the last second by Vikings goalkeeper Nick Ciraldo. Edginton finished the game with the most shots for the Herd, with 3. Daniel Jodah (2) and Ryan Forde (1) also tallied shots for the Herd.
The only other caution in the match went to Cleveland State’s Jake Lagania in the 80th minute.
THE GRAY AREA
Coach Bob Gray on the Cleveland State Game
“Cleveland State battled to every loose ball and created scoring chances. We didn’t create much. We only seemed to respond after we went a goal down. I liked our response to that, but we have to find a way to grind out games.”
NEXT TIME OUT
The Thundering Herd will play its first road match of the season on Friday, Sept. 5 at Oakland (Mich.) at 7:00 p.m., The team will return to Hoops Family Field on Sunday, Sept. 7 to take on Liberty at 2:30 p.m.
LET’S GET SOCIAL
Keep up with the latest news about Herd soccer by liking the team’s official Facebook page: Marshall University Soccer<https://www.facebook.com/herdsoccer>. For live in-match updates and news, follow @HerdMSoccer <http://www.twitter.com/herdmsoccer> on Twitter. Want to see photos and behind-the-scenes action? Give @HerdZone<http://instagram.com/herdzone> a follow on Instagram.