- Mayor Williams "unfamiliar" with alleged benefit cuts; Huntington "under" budget
- UPDATED: Police, Fire Leadership Attribute Mismanagement for Possible Deep, Scary Cuts
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Marshall University launches the Dr. Carter G. Woodson Lyceum
- Huntington Awaits Plans for Curtailing Budget Overages
- Two defendants headed to prison for methamphetamine trafficking crimes
- HMDA Meets Monday Afternoon
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Huntington Museum of Art Hosting Docent Open House
A docent is someone who volunteers time to lead schoolchildren and museum visitors on guided tours. No prior experience or background in art is required. If you like art of any kind, if you enjoy sharing your knowledge, and if you can spend 90 minutes a week getting a free art education, this could be the program for you. Docents work with HMA’s Education Department and receive training on HMA exhibits on Monday mornings.
Those interested in attending the informational Docent Open House and learning more about the HMA docent program should call Cindy Dearborn in HMA’s Education Department at (304) 529-2701; or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on events at HMA, visit www.hmoa.org. HMA is fully accessible.