- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- IMAGES: Marshall Arts Center Dedication
- Cpl. Goheen Retires from Huntington Police Department
- WV Broadcasting Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees
- REALTORS: Existing-Home Sales Lose Momentum in August as Investor Activity Declines
- Reporter Threatened with Arrest for Obstruction for Attempting to Intervene in Teen's NRA T-Shirt Case
- Huntington mayor, Supreme Court justices entered in quoits tournament
- Huntington Council Announces Agenda
- UPDATED: Dueling Drug Gangsters Hack Their Fates Through Thrilling "Tombstone"
- United Way Fall Campaign to kick off Sept. 22 on Marshall University’s Huntington campus
Huntington Museum of Art Hosting Docent Open House
A docent is someone who volunteers time to lead schoolchildren and museum visitors on guided tours. No prior experience or background in art is required. If you like art of any kind, if you enjoy sharing your knowledge, and if you can spend 90 minutes a week getting a free art education, this could be the program for you. Docents work with HMA’s Education Department and receive training on HMA exhibits on Monday mornings.
Those interested in attending the informational Docent Open House and learning more about the HMA docent program should call Cindy Dearborn in HMA’s Education Department at (304) 529-2701; or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
For more information on events at HMA, visit www.hmoa.org. HMA is fully accessible.