- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Receiving Stolen Property
- Remains Believed to be Missing Woman Found
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- School of Medicine welcomes students for Project P.R.E.M.E.D.
- BREAKING : Ft. Myers Shooting Overnight
- FLASHBACK: Catch a Delorean Ride Back to the Future
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- President Obama Laments GOP Pulled Over $900 Milion from Recovery Act
- FIRST PEEK: The Suicide Squad Clips from Comic Con
MU Theatre Announces Season, Ticket Specials
Anton Chekhov's "The Three Sisters" goes up Nov. 12-15 and Nov. 20-22. November 12-15 & 20 – 22 / 7:30 pm. A treasure of 19th Century theater, Chekhov’s wistful tale of love and war, depicts Olga, Masha and Irina, army daughters, posted in a backwater, longing to get to Moscow where, they imagine, their lives will be transformed and fulfilled. They fall in love, try to engage with the local people, and remember happier times.
The Kit Kat club opens on the Francis-Booth stage for performances Feb. 18-21, 26-28 @ 7:30 p.m. and a March 1, 2 p.m. matinee. The marvelous cabaret where singer Sally Bowles meets writer Cliff Bradshaw. As the two pursue a life of pleasure in Weimer Berlin, the world outside the Klub begins to splinter. Sally and Cliff are faced with a choice: abandon themselves to pleasures promised by the cabaret, or open their eyes and face the coming storm. Eight Tony Awards in 1968, including Best Musical, and four Tony Awards in 1998, including Best Revival/
Debuting April 22-25 for the first time on Huntington area stages, "Clybourne Park" explodes in two outrageous acts set fifty years apart. Act One takes place in 1959, as nervous community leaders anxiously try to stop the sale of a home to a black family. Act Two is set in the same house in the present day, as the now predominantly African-American neighborhood battles to hold its ground in the face of gentrification.
The season includes the aMUsed dance concert, Oct. 17-18 in the Joan C. Edwards auditorium and "The Lunar Strategem" Jan. 8-10, 2015 in the Francis -Booth theater.
Early bird season ticket discounts are available through Sept. 30 includes tickets for the six productions and complimentary parking next to the venue. Call the box office at 304-696-ARTS (2787). Early bird discounts range from $50-$70 or $80 if purchased after September 30.