- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Mayor Williams Asks Rader be Appointed Fire Chief
- Huntington City Council Agenda Announced; Budget Session Thursday
- Wild Life Invading Fukushima from Radioactive Forest
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Marshall University researchers receive U.S. patent to treat one of world’s major health issues
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Huntington's McElroy Brothers Celebrate Series Debut
- Ohio Tax Examiner Wrongfully Accessed Confidential Data
Huntington Mayor Speaks of Hope at Her Place Opening
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - 22:59 Updated 2 years ago From Press Release
The idea for HER Place was birthed by Margaret Van Zandt in March after attending the funeral of a close friend who had lost her battle with addiction.
"We're trying to stop the intergenerational transmission of addiction," Van Zandt said. "It runs in families and we have to stop it somewhere."
Mayor Steve Williams also spoke during the event and said HER Place is an example of the community's resiliency.
"The beauty of HER Place is we are here to foster hope, to let those who are afflicted with disease know what this town is about," Williams said. "We are here to support one another."
For more information about HER Place, call 304-525-7394 or visit www.herplacehuntingronwv.org.