- NAHB: Study Shows Substantial Regional Differences in New Single-Family Houses
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- Attorney General DeWine Warns Consumers to Avoid Online Romance Scams
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 17, 2014
- Cato Breaks Record, No. 25 @HerdFB Cruises Past FIU 45-13
- Rahall Supports Travel Ban to Ebola Impacted Countries
- Musical theatre talents from the Greenbrier to visit Marshall music and theatre students
- Detroit Man Arrested Again for Drug Charges after Returning to Huntington
Huntington Mayor Speaks of Hope at Her Place Opening
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - 22:59 Updated 6 weeks ago From Press Release
The idea for HER Place was birthed by Margaret Van Zandt in March after attending the funeral of a close friend who had lost her battle with addiction.
"We're trying to stop the intergenerational transmission of addiction," Van Zandt said. "It runs in families and we have to stop it somewhere."
Mayor Steve Williams also spoke during the event and said HER Place is an example of the community's resiliency.
"The beauty of HER Place is we are here to foster hope, to let those who are afflicted with disease know what this town is about," Williams said. "We are here to support one another."
For more information about HER Place, call 304-525-7394 or visit www.herplacehuntingronwv.org.