- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Huntington Shooting Under Investigation
- COMMENTARY: Doctor Needs Patient Support for Trying to Help
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Man Arrested by Huntington Police for Possession
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Google is the latest tech company to drop the longstanding wall between anonymous online ad tracking and user’s names
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
Huntington Mayor Speaks of Hope at Her Place Opening
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - 22:59 Updated 2 years ago From Press Release
The idea for HER Place was birthed by Margaret Van Zandt in March after attending the funeral of a close friend who had lost her battle with addiction.
"We're trying to stop the intergenerational transmission of addiction," Van Zandt said. "It runs in families and we have to stop it somewhere."
Mayor Steve Williams also spoke during the event and said HER Place is an example of the community's resiliency.
"The beauty of HER Place is we are here to foster hope, to let those who are afflicted with disease know what this town is about," Williams said. "We are here to support one another."
For more information about HER Place, call 304-525-7394 or visit www.herplacehuntingronwv.org.