- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Three more defendants plead guilty for roles in California-to-West Virginia drug conspiracy
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Ex-Satanist John Ramirez Now Trains Christians at Supernatural Boot Camps
- Former Marriott employee pleads guilty to wire fraud for embezzling close to $1 million
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- W.Va. AG Reaffirms Advice to Local Schools Against Obama’s Transgender Overreach
- EDITORIAL: Having Nearly Ruined WVU, Manchin Father and Daughter Pair Now Compromises the WV Chamber of Commerce
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Marshall Board of Governors holds first meeting of fall semester
Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Issued for 60 Customers on Parts of Ohio River Road and Big Seven Mile in Huntington
The advisory was issued following a water main break, which crews are working to repair. Customers may experience low water pressure or no water until repairs are complete. Customers will be notified of the advisory through the media.
Once service is restored, affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing, showering and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the system recovers, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.