- Huntington's Cutbacks Lead to Retiree's Suicide
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- UPDATED: Large Selection New Tsubasacon Mascarade, Winners, Skits, Cosplaying IMAGES
- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- BREAKING: Oscar Mishap... "Moonlight," Wins Best Picture After "La La Land" Crew on Stage
- Piketon Diffusion Plant Clean Up Comment Period Extended
- Drug Distributors Penalized For Turning Blind Eye In Opioid Epidemic
- Huntington City Council Agenda Announced
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- One Nation, Under Sedation: Medicare Paid for Nearly 40 Million Tranquilizer Prescriptions in 2013
Dress for Success River Cities to Host Second Annual Power Walk, 5k Run and Stiletto Stroll
Each mile of the Power Walk and 5k Run will represent one of three phases that Dress for Success River Cities’ clients experience during their journey to professional success: from being “unemployed and searching”, to “recently employed and adjusting” and finally, to “gainfully employed and succeeding”.
T-shirts will be provided to the first 150 registered participants. Awards will be given to the overall top male and female finishers, as well as the top three finishers in nine different age divisions.
“Participants will be supporting our women on their journey to financial sustainability,” said Lisa Martin, Dress for Success River Cities’ Board President. “The funds raised will support the programs that allow us to fulfill our mission of providing the disadvantaged women of the area the professional attire, a network of support and career development tools to help them thrive in work and in life.”
“We teach our clients that it’s not about where they’ve been, it’s about where they’re going, and that’s what this event represents,” adds Christina Ward, Dress for Success River Cities’ Executive Director. “Having the community involved in a powerful way is important because it shows that we can make a vast difference in combating the rising problem of unemployment in the tri-state area.”
Interested participants can register online at TriStateRacer.com as an Individual Walker / runner for $20. Students can sign up for $10, and those that are interesting in supporting Dress for Success River Cities but cannot attend the event can register as a Virtual Walker for $10. Team participation is encouraged and dogs are also allowed for a $5 fee.
The Power Walk, 5k Run and Stiletto Stroll are sponsored locally by DirecTV; Highmark West Virginia; Tram Construction; Eric B. Anderson, Attorney-at-Law; Dutch Miller Kia; St. Mary’s Medical Center and Tyler Mountain Water. National sponsors include Cintas, resource® Natural Spring Water and Skinnygirl Daily. Additional opportunities are available by contacting Dress for Success River Cities at (304) 522-3011.
# # #
About Dress for Success River Cities
Dress for Success River Cities is an affiliate of Dress for Success, an international not-for-profit organization that promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. Dress for Success River Cities was founded in 2006 and began serving women in the Tri-State in 2007. As the only WV affiliate, Dress for Success River Cities serves 13 counties in WV, KY, and OH. Dress for Success River Cities is located at 1141 4th Ave, Huntington, WV, 25701. Visit www.dressforsuccess.org/rivercities for more information.