- PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- Classic "Blazing Saddles" Screens; Mel Brooks Inclusive Comedy Still Ripe
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- FIRST LOOK: Feminist Alice, Steps Through the Glass to Find... Sibling Rivalry
- Legislature Completes Supplemental Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2016
- Marshall College of Science and West Virginia Science Adventures program host STEAM summer camp for K-12
- FLASHBACK: "Eyes Right," a Memorial Day Favorite
- Marshall athletic training student receives 2016 NATA Foundation Scholarship
Lil’ Sis Program Swings into New Season
Since head coach Shonda Stanton<http://www.herdzone.com/sports/w-softbl/mtt/stanton_shonda00.html> created the Lil Sis’ program it has risen in participants each year and has seen multiple young girls return year-after-year to be part of this unique experience. The program is open to young girls in grades K-8. Each Lil’ Sis adopts a player on the Thundering Herd roster who will be their pen pal, role model and mentor. The team takes great pride in the relationships they build with the youth in the community.
To join the program, interested participants should fill out the Lil’ Sis brochure found at the top of the page and on HerdZone.com. A $20 membership fee is required. Should two or more friends wish to sign-up at the same time, a $5 discount will apply to each girl’s fee.
From September-May the members of the Lil’ Sis program will be able to get to know the softball student-athletes on a personal level, while being able to enjoy watching competitive softball at the collegiate level.
For questions, contact assistant Chanda Bell<http://www.herdzone.com/sports/w-softbl/mtt/chanda_bell_860565.html> (304-696-3979, firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>).
For a $20 membership fee the girls receive:
* A Herd Lil' Sis T-Shirt
* An adoption certificate
* Minimum of two letters a month from a big sister
* Participation in select pregame locker room activities
* Team schedule poster
* Lil' Sis Recognition Day and pizza party
RSVP soon to register with your Big Sis!