- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Harless Hall of Fame to welcome three new members in ceremony May 7
- Fixing Slips Forced Priority for Huntington, Mayor Says
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- Huntington Water Quality Board Meets Jan. 13 at 11 a.m.
- Wolfpack Moves Past @HerdMBB
- Fire Department Holds Kid's Christmas Party at Huntington City Mission
- Generation Huntington Nominees due Friday
- OP-ED: The $7 Million University President
- U.S.: New Home Sales Fall 1.6% in November
Lil’ Sis Program Swings into New Season
Since head coach Shonda Stanton<http://www.herdzone.com/sports/w-softbl/mtt/stanton_shonda00.html> created the Lil Sis’ program it has risen in participants each year and has seen multiple young girls return year-after-year to be part of this unique experience. The program is open to young girls in grades K-8. Each Lil’ Sis adopts a player on the Thundering Herd roster who will be their pen pal, role model and mentor. The team takes great pride in the relationships they build with the youth in the community.
To join the program, interested participants should fill out the Lil’ Sis brochure found at the top of the page and on HerdZone.com. A $20 membership fee is required. Should two or more friends wish to sign-up at the same time, a $5 discount will apply to each girl’s fee.
From September-May the members of the Lil’ Sis program will be able to get to know the softball student-athletes on a personal level, while being able to enjoy watching competitive softball at the collegiate level.
For questions, contact assistant Chanda Bell<http://www.herdzone.com/sports/w-softbl/mtt/chanda_bell_860565.html> (304-696-3979, email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>).
For a $20 membership fee the girls receive:
* A Herd Lil' Sis T-Shirt
* An adoption certificate
* Minimum of two letters a month from a big sister
* Participation in select pregame locker room activities
* Team schedule poster
* Lil' Sis Recognition Day and pizza party
RSVP soon to register with your Big Sis!