- Sheetz Development Narrowly Passes Planning Commission
- 70 Years of Atomic Bombs: Can We Disarm Yet?
- Senate President Cole, Speaker of the House Armstead Pledge to Defend West Virginia's Coal Mining Industry
- University to partner on $20 million scientific research grant
- CFPB Sues Sprint for Cramming Consumers with Unauthorized Third-Party Charges; Sprint Ignored Complaints from Consumers and Cost Them Tens of Millions of Dollars
- $2.09 Per Gallon Gas Called Sign Mechanical Problem
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
- Complaint alleges Stockert-Sizemore Funeral Home violated the West Virginia Preneed Act and state Consumer Credit and Protection Act.
- UPDATE: Send Inspirational Wishes to Family Facing Grief
Music Fan Arrested for Posting Allegedly Terroristic Lyrics
Follow this link for more information on the arrest: http://www.14news.com/story/26431395/lyrics-posted-on-facebook-lead-to-arrest-of-muhlenberg-co-man
“The idea that an individual in this great country of ours could be arrested for simply posting lyrics to a song is something I never believed could happen in a free society,” states EXODUS guitarist Gary Holt. “James Evans was simply posting lyrics to a band he likes on Facebook, and he was locked up for it. The song ‘Class Dismissed (A Hate Primer)’ was written as a view through the eyes of a madman and in no way endorses that kind of fucked up behavior. It was the Virginia Tech massacre perpetrated by Seung-Hui Cho that was the subject and inspiration to write the song, one in which we put the brakes on playing it live after the Sandy Hook shooting, as we did not want to seem insensitive.”
Gary continues, “As some of us in EXODUS are parents, of course these things hit close to home, it's every parent's worst fear. These moments are the stuff of nightmares, and life, as well as music, isn't always pretty. But when we start to overreact to things like lyrics by any band, including EXODUS, and start arresting people, we are caving in to paranoia and are well on our way to becoming an Orwellian society.”