- Huntington Has At Least Nine Heroin Overdose Deaths in January 2015
- "American Sniper's" Breaks All January Records; Expect it to Wipe Out "Boy Next Door" and "Mortdecai"
- How Will a Good Ole' Boy Hollywood Treat Female 'Pleasures' in "Fifty Shades of Grey?'
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Jan. 20, 2015
Music Fan Arrested for Posting Allegedly Terroristic Lyrics
Follow this link for more information on the arrest: http://www.14news.com/story/26431395/lyrics-posted-on-facebook-lead-to-arrest-of-muhlenberg-co-man
“The idea that an individual in this great country of ours could be arrested for simply posting lyrics to a song is something I never believed could happen in a free society,” states EXODUS guitarist Gary Holt. “James Evans was simply posting lyrics to a band he likes on Facebook, and he was locked up for it. The song ‘Class Dismissed (A Hate Primer)’ was written as a view through the eyes of a madman and in no way endorses that kind of fucked up behavior. It was the Virginia Tech massacre perpetrated by Seung-Hui Cho that was the subject and inspiration to write the song, one in which we put the brakes on playing it live after the Sandy Hook shooting, as we did not want to seem insensitive.”
Gary continues, “As some of us in EXODUS are parents, of course these things hit close to home, it's every parent's worst fear. These moments are the stuff of nightmares, and life, as well as music, isn't always pretty. But when we start to overreact to things like lyrics by any band, including EXODUS, and start arresting people, we are caving in to paranoia and are well on our way to becoming an Orwellian society.”